Beauty on the inside leads to beauty on the outside. Asian culture reflects the belief and practice that maintaining internal health leads to external health and beauty. Thousands of years ago, the Chinese established a means of manipulating the flow of energy (qi) within the body to encourage a natural healing process. In Chinese medicine, qi is the commander of blood and blood is the mother of qi. Proper qi and blood flow manifests externally as a confident and calm spirit, vibrant and glowing skin tones, and a clarity in the eyes which shows as clear thinking. In other words, increased and improved circulation allows the body to look, feel, and act youthful.
Motivation for Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture (FRA) may stem from professional and/or personal interests but everyone wants to be comfortable in their own bodies and skin. While other cosmetic methods simply mask dysfunction and allow it to continue within our bodies, FRA treats underlying causes of early or exaggerated signs of aging by addressing internal disharmonies along with localized external symptoms.
The FRA treatment series consists of 12 weekly treatments. After a successful treatment series, patients should return for periodic facial rejuvenation booster sessions as well as regular Acupuncture treatments for any conditions that might arise in the future.
How to Prepare for Facial Rejuvenation:
- Expect your treatment to last up to 2 hours.
- Eat a light meal or a snack with protein before your visit.
- Avoid drinking caffeinated beverages and excessive amounts of fluids prior to treatment.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing or bring a change of clothes (ex. shorts, t-shirt, tank top) so arms and legs are accessible above the elbows and knees.
- Avoid consuming alcohol the day of your visit.
- Drink plenty of water after your treatment.
- Keep social plans light after a treatment and make it a priority to rest afterwards.